Port Orange Hawks Pop Warner: Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to sign up?
- The 2017 registration fees are $200.00 football and $250.00 for cheer. $25.00 discount per additional sibling
How old do you have to be to play football and cheer?
- Port Orange Youth Football Association accepts participants from the age of 6 to 15.
What is your refund policy?
- No refunds will be given after August 7th unless reviewed and approved by the Executive Board, and then only in the case of moving out of boundaries, school failure, or medical reasons.
Does the registration fee cover fundraising?
- No. Each team will have fundraisers and there are also fundraisers for the organization. Each child will be given fundraising information from the team mom.
What paperwork do I need to provide?
- Parent Code of Conduct
- Participant Code of Conduct
- Participant and Parent Contract
- Physical Fitness Medical Form
- State-issued birth certificate (2 copies)
- Final year-end June report card (must show ALL 4 QUARTERS-FINAL REPORT CARD and be copied front and back – 2 copies)
When does my child get their equipment?
- You will receive notification of equipment handout. These are normally held at the end of July. All PAPERWORK & PAYMENT must be handed in before equipment will be issued.
What do I need to purchase for my child?
Football players will need to purchase:
- Football cleats
- Practice jersey
- Game socks
Cheerleaders (equipment fitting date to be announced) will need to purchase:
- Body suit
- Briefs (worn under uniforms)
When is practice?
- The 2017 season begins on Thursday, August 1. Practices will be held at the Silver Sands Middle School PE fields in Port Orange. Your coach will provie the a schedule for the season. Note: Your child must have all required paperwork turned in to take the field.
- Your child should show up for all practices, regardless of the weather, unless they receive a call or email from their team’s coach. There will be practices and games held in the rain.
What is your attendance policy?
- Three (3) unexcused absences may lead to removal from a team. Please remember that both football and cheerleading are team sports.
- It is your responsibility to notify the coach in advance if a child must miss a practice.
- Please check with your child’s head coach regarding their expectations and their discipline policy.
What if our family has a vacation planned?
- You must notify your child’s head coach in advance.
- Vacations taken during the season may result in reduced or no playing time in a game due to league rules and regulations.
- Please discuss this with your child’s head coach.
When are the games?
- The first game of the season is normally the last weekend in August. Regular season games will be played each Saturday until the end of October.
- Post-season play begins immediately after the regular season and can continue until the first week of December.
Where are the games?
- Home games are played at Coraci Field -5200 Coraci Blvd Port Orange FL.
- Away games are played at fields throughout Central Florida. Driving directions will be given out prior to the away games.
When do the cheer competitions take place?
- Cheer competitions begin at the end of football’s regular season
- Regional qualifier and Regional qualifier will be held in November
- National competition will be held in December at location to be announced.
Does my registration fee cover travel expenses?
- No. Each participant is responsible for any travel costs.
If I have an issue with a coach, player, parent or association official, how should I handle my concern?
- First, be sure to address any concerns in a controlled and respectful manner. If you have team related issues, the first person you should contact is your head coach. Please do so after practice, unless the coach has designated a specific time. If you have an association-related issue, talk to your head coach in the same format and he / she will bring the issue to the attention of the football coordinator / cheer coordinator.
How many employees does POYFA have?
- Zero. POYFA is 100% run by volunteers
How can I volunteer to help?
Each family is encouraged to volunteer two hours of their time during the season. If you are interested, please contact your child’s coach.
- Team parent
- Field help
- Fundraising activities
- Hawks merchandise sales (practices and games)
- Chain gang and down markers
- Equipment/uniform handout
- Team photographer